Our mission at Trinity Lutheran School is to connect with Indy’s diverse east-side and make a forever difference through Jesus. We strive to meet our students and families where they are and help them to move forward. Our goal each year is to provide an excellent education and an even more excellent relationship with Christ Jesus our Savior. In order to meet our goals, we have established a Code of Christian Conduct for our students at Trinity.
CHRISTIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Trinity Lutheran School has a Christian Code of Conduct that is grounded in the Statement of Belief of Trinity Lutheran Church and has established parameters for acceptable behavior of students and staff of the Congregation and School. Detailed information on the school disciplinary plan can be found in the Family Handbook.
The following behaviors are in accordance with Trinity’s Statement of Belief:
- Dressing in conformance with one’s biological sex
- Using the restrooms, locker rooms, and changing facilities conforming with one’s biological sex
- Abstaining from sexual conduct outside the marital union of one man and one woman
- Trinity will not condone such negative actions such as cheating, stealing, aggressive behavior, disruptive behavior or lack of respect for authority
Detailed information on student behavioral expectations and discipline is available in the Parent-Student handbook. Trinity Lutheran Church and School has the right to discipline in Christian love. If the desired change in behavior is not apparent, Trinity has the right to request that a student be withdrawn, if that action would best serve the school community.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Jesus said, “Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.”
Trinity Lutheran School is a ministry of Trinity Lutheran Church, where we help our children grow in faith and love in Jesus. Our School is known for academic quality and for our ability to aid our student in sound Christian moral development serving the people of our community. As a Christian school, our curriculum includes in class daily teachings from God’s Holy Word. We integrate our Christian beliefs into everything we teach. Many parents wonder, “What will they teach my child about religion at Trinity Lutheran School?” Simply stated, Trinity Lutheran School exists to help ground our students in the living Christian faith as taught by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We teach about the Bible, faith, and Salvation.
We believe that:
- The Bible is the source and basis for all our beliefs. (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- All people and all faiths are to be shown respect. (Matthew 22:39)
- Only through faith in Jesus Christ can people be saved. (John 3:16)
We teach about God. We believe that:
- God is the Almighty, loving creator of everything and everyone. (Genesis 1:1)
- God is one God, but three equal persons (Triune). He is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit – not three Gods but one God. (Matthew 28:19)
- God is the Judge before whom all people will give an account for the lives they lead. (2 Cor. 5:10)
- God is a Savior (Jesus) who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (Acts 4:11-12)
- God is the Author of the Bible who, through the Holy Spirit, inspired men to write what He wanted to communicate to humankind – especially who He is, His truths, and how He has come to the rescue of humankind through the work of Jesus Christ. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- God is Love. He loves all people perfectly and completely. (1 John 4:9-10)
We teach about people. We believe that:
- People are created individually and specially by God. (Psalm 139:13-16)
- People are loved always and completely by God. (John 3:16)
- People are expected by God to live lives of holiness and perfection. (Matthew 5:48)
- People are unable to obey God perfectly (everyone sins). (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
- People are forgiven their sins and given the gift of everlasting life in heaven only through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23)
- People are unable to earn God’s favor or forgiveness; rather we receive faith and forgiveness through the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9) People, sadly, will be condemned to eternal suffering if they do not have faith in Christ. (Matthew 13:49-50 and John 14:6)
We teach about relationships. We believe that:
- People should submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
- People should tell their friends how much the Lord has done for them and how he has had mercy on them. (Mark 5:19)
- Marriage is a holy union, created by God, and is intended to be between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:7, Ephesians 5:31, Corinthians 7:2)
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 By enrolling your child, you are acknowledging that you received a copy of our Statement of Faith and you understand that we will be teaching your child(ren) in accordance with our faith and practice as Trinity Lutheran School.